I. LOVE. THE. GAME. This is no exaggeration or whatever.
Breakout Philippines is the first real-life escape game room in Manila. When In Manila, the creators of Outbreak Philippines started the game. It’s a really brilliant game. I have always wanted to pursue law, so imagine, my interests are exactly what’s in this game. It brings out the inner detective and wanna-be lawyer in me. If you are a fan of the clue-solving games in your tablet and smartphones like 100 doors, 100 floors, CSI, and the likes then this game is for you. Imagine playing it in real life!
The Game: You will be locked up in a room with zombies. You have to solve puzzles and look for clues to escape within a specific time.
No need to use brute force, you will not fight with the zombies, all you have to do is solve puzzles, solve mysteries, look for clues and escape. Everything you need is in the room. You don’t have to bring anything. You can come with your own group or join other groups. You will be solving the game as a team.
If you are a first-timer, you will need these awesome tips:
- Teamwork. You will need teamwork to escape the room. It’s not about a competition about who’s found what clue or who solved what puzzle. You will need each helping hand and genius brain to escape the room. You will need to cooperate with your group.
- Game Plan. After the briefing, set a game plan and talk to your team. At least 3 minutes would do. You can also pick a team leader.
- Shout out the clues. Once inside, it would be a great help if you will shout out the clues so everyone knows what you’ve found and think while looking for clues and solving puzzles.
- Be wary of the clues. Everything you need is inside the room. You may think that everything is there for a reason, yes, maybe. But remember, some items might be there to distract and mislead you to waste your time.
- Know the skills and capabilities of each member. You need to know who’s good at what. (Pick-locking skills is not needed. 😉 ) You should be familiar with your team. Who’s fast, good at puzzles, or maybe good at guessing. (It’s up to you to guess why the “guessing skill” can be at use here.)
- Listen for the clues. You will be brought inside the room blindfolded. Once you are inside the room, you will not be asked to remove the blindfold right away. Listen for clues! Don’t be scared. (I got scared and nervous during my first time.) Don’t waste your time being nervous, they won’t hurt you.
- Have fun! Lastly, remember that it’s just a game. Enjoy and don’t forget to have fun! Bond with your family, or friends, or maybe with your new friends. It’s a fun game. But it can be more fun though if you won the game. 😉 And plus, if you win, you get a chance to be featured in their “HALL OF FAME.”
— Athena Tria (@athenatria) March 8, 2015
If you are looking for some spoilers of the game, sorry, it’s not here. But I hope my tips can help you win the game!
FOR 1-2 PERSONS: Price is only P600 per person.
FOR 3-4 PERSONS: Price is only P500 per person.
FOR 5 OR MORE PERSONS: Price is only P400 per person.
AVAIL OF THE MEMBERSHIP CARD: Pay a one time fee of P500 for a lifetime membership.
Get a 10% discount for the first game of each room you play.
Get a 50% discount for the succeeding games you play of the same room.
Get a 10% discount on official Breakout Merchandise.
- IF YOUR GROUP IS LESS THAN THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PERSONS PER ROOM, YOU CAN OPT TO COMBINE WITH OTHER GROUPS TO TRY AND GET AS MUCH HELP AS YOU CAN.
FIRM BELIEVER OF STRANGER DANGER? KEEP IN MIND THAT THE PRICE PER PERSON DECREASES THE MORE YOU ARE IN A GROUP.
(Price list Source: When In Manila)
Register here: http://www.breakout.com.ph/register.html
Disclaimer: The Lifestyle Avenue will not receive any form of compensation when you register or book a game with #Breakout Philippines.