I have a lot to add to my list I’m thankful for this 2017. It was a crazy and lucky year for me. At the start of 2017, I was crazy and young. Living the last days of my college life to the fullest. By mid 2017, I was starting act like an adult and by the end of 2017, I was completely a different person. 2017 was fun and full of mixed emotions. I had traumatic experiences and life changing events in my life in 2017. Still, I love 2017.
This 2017, I’m thankful for:
- finally finishing my college degree. I’m glad that after every thing that happened in my life, I was able to graduate and serve as an inspiration to others. Yes, it took me 9 years, but it was because of financial issues. I finished it in 9 semesters (could have been 8 semesters but I can’t add the last two subjects anymore. I’ve been overloading my subjects for two years but I still left two. All because of the curriculum change) with no failing grade. Yep! You may see me at the bars every night, but I never had a single failing grade (well except one FA in NSTP way back when I still have issues in 2010) I may not be the best role model to inspire people to study but I’m glad a radio show still asked me to be their guest and talk about my story.
- the offer to sponsor my law school expenses. I found someone who would love to pay for all my expenses in law school. A lot of people don’t have this opportunity. Heck, I didn’t even have this opportunity way back in college! I’m really grateful for this opportunity.
- landing the most awesome job ever. I work at home. I have no-brainer but non-repetitive tasks. I have a really awesome pay!!!
- my first flight experience. (read more: https://thelifestyleavenue.com/cebu-pacific-my-very-first-flight-experience/) Yup, my first airplane ride was in 25 years old.
- my first visit to Visayas! I visited the oldest city in the Philippines, Cebu. Although we mostly toured around the city, I’m still thankful for the experience.
- being able to pay most of my debt. Thanks to my awesome job, I can now pay for my bills and even my debts. Yay! Earlier in 2017, I even had to sell my phone just to pay for my tuition fee.
- ASUS ROG!!! I bought a pre-loved gaming laptop from a friend for 10-months installment. This laptop has brought me luck in my career. I had a lot of opportunities for my blog, and landed the awesome job a few weeks after purchasing it.
- Winning two phones. I won phones from OPPO and ASUS this year, but are from photo contests. Some may consider it lucky, personally I consider it my skill since it’s photo contests, but either way, I am just thankful that I won. (By the way, my phone got snatched in Manila earlier in January. I got so much more than what I lost in January!)
- Winning a trip for two in Boracay!!! My Christmas was so awesome because of this.
- NINTENDO SWITCH!!! Omg. I am so happy someone gave me the Switch as a gift.
- being able to buy all of my wants. I didn’t come from a rich family, and although I’m an only child, all my mother’s earnings goes to my tuition fee, so I was never really able to buy stuff that I want. Heck, I don’t even enjoy my own pamasko because I give it to my mom to help her pay for my tuition fee. You may judge me with how I spend my money considering where I came from. But it’s my way of de-stressing.
I have so much to thankful for in 2017. I have written this post around December 28, 2017 but was left in my drafts for weeks. It’s already January 9, 2018, so I decided to just post this half-cooked write up. Overall, I just want express my gratitude to the world for having a wonderful 2017.
PS: I am going to enter law school this 2018, and I hope my readers will still stick with me despite the fact that I might be writing three posts a month once the academic year starts. Again, thank you to everyone who continued to support me and my blog.