If you are a little bit embarrassed with the title of this article, we can say that to become a good author, you need to eliminate your weak spots first. There is no man or woman on the Earth who was born to be a writer (except Hemingway, of course!). Thus, a person has to know his desires and skills to be sure this profession fits him or her in the best way. Otherwise, you will not have a day of the joyful paper composition.
Sometimes a writer may combine creative writing for his or her own purposes and a job of a copywriter to kill two birds with one stone: to earn some money and obtain composition skills. Such authors are composing papers for essay writing services where every person in need of a good and coherent work can find some assistance. In fact, not every individual can do this, so why not to have a profit out of it?
Nothing difficult, you may think. All you need is to sit and write down words coming up right out of your head. So, the decision to become an author comes to you rapidly. Slow down you ambitions a little bit and get real! It is a hard labor to compose some stories, articles, and other papers that demand you to be correct, precise, and talented somehow.
Why Literature is not for You
It is not enough to sit one day by your window and have an idea to compose novels, poems, or other pieces of works. Whether you like it or not, this profession is for special people who can overcome themselves and conquer their thoughts in order to tame them into a logical and coherent text or story. If you have the slightest doubt about becoming a person of letters, this is not your devotion by all means.
Say “no” to this idea if you have the following traits, thoughts, or habits:
- Ask yourself: “Am I able to compose something?” Perhaps, you will answer immediately: “Of course, I am.” However, this will not be true for you. Everybody can write, and nobody does it correctly at the same time. Confusing enough? That is only the beginning of what will disappoint you. Our teachers and professors describe writing rules to us for many years, and yet, it is not a sign that you may become a novelist easily. The words you put in your work need to be melodious and catchy first, and only then, you may proclaim yourself to be an author.
- There is no absolute perfection in it at all. That is the hardest task to complete. You can’t be satisfied with your piece of writing fully, it always leaves space for additional proofreading, correction, or total rejection of all your written lines. If you consider your story to be brilliant, it is probably not so good. This shows how far you are from becoming a good penman or penwoman. Are you always dissatisfied with your texts? Well, it is a good sign!
- It would be better to throw the idea to become a second Nabokov if your purposes are to be rich and famous. None of the brilliant authors intended to make a fortune of his or her books; they did it all for a result or for the art. There are too many notorious scribblers in today’s prose. So, stop this mediocrity machine and find a better occupation for you.
There is Still a Chance!
Honesty is the best policy! Having enumerated the previous reasons of why you won’t probably become a perfect writer, we wanted to restrain you from the ideas that may turn into a failure for you. Nevertheless, if you still have a strong decision to become a real knight of the pen, you might need some good tips and recommendations on this subject.
- You have been dreaming about this profession from early childhood by composing rough drafts of stories and verses. If this passion is still flowing in your veins, it means you are a dedicated author who needs a lot of practice. Begin to improve your skills right now, make a sketch of a work.
- You are a real explorer. In other words, you notice every single change in the world surrounding you. You may find beauty in a small thing and transform deeds into emotions easily. Do you think the world is full of feelings, colors, and discoveries? Or, on the contrary, you learn the deepest and darkest traits of the human nature? It doesn’t really matter what your remarks are, the trick is that you can explain them fully.
It is enough to have only these two traits to become an outstanding writer and bring a perfect and thoughtful piece of literature work to this world. According to Wikipedia, an author is a person who can jot down his or her thoughts using different styles and techniques to transfer ideas better. However, there is still some crucial note to add: a writer is an open door to the world of hidden emotions, colors, and miracles.