Everyone loves to take a selfie. But not everyone knows how to take a really good selfie. As a blogger and a selfie addict, I understand your struggle in taking that post-worthy shot. Whether it’s a “just-woke-up” kind of selfie, or your make up of the day selfie, or even your ordinary OOTD (outfit of the day) selfie, you will be needing these tips to take that Instragrammable post.
- Check your background. Even if it’s just a selfie, it’s always nice to see photos with nice background. I often post photos of my selfies and I’ve noticed that people tend to see the bad in your photo. I have a lot of friends of who loves to bash me (this is how they show affection, I have really sweet friends), so I always make sure that when I post a photo, they won’t be able to insert a snide comment.
- Follow the light. This is why a lot of beauty bloggers invest money to buy ring lights, and such. The lighting can truly beautify your selfie. But note that, nothing beats the natural lighting. The sun has its own magic in making your selfies glow.
- Work your angles. This is the tricky part. Even for me. I constantly have to find the perfect angle. Which is why sometimes taking a selfie would take me 15 minutes. I take roughly 25 shots before I find the photo with the best angle.
- Take a lot of shots. Although this is quite a hassle, this can help you choose which will have the perfect angle. After all, it’s always better to have a lot option. Don’t waste a perfect opportunity to take a shot. It will be quite unfortunate if you took only one shot, and that one shot is blurry photo. Take even hundred shots! I won’t judge. 😉
- Find the right phone for you. There a lot of great selfie phones out there. It’s a matter of choosing what fits your lifestyle. You may want to check out one of the newest contenders for the best selfie phone, the Cloudfone Excite Prime 2 Pro, which will be launched soon. It’s a selfie centric 20 MP selfie camera with Sony IMX376 Sensor. It comes with Portrait Mode that’s capable of having bokeh effect. It has rear and front light, Face Beauty, Superpixel, and 13 MP + 8 MP Dual rear camera with optical zoom.
For more information: