The Asian Cancer Institute (ACI) is a one-stop, integrated, multi-disciplinary cancer prevention and management facility. It provides state-of-the-art, innovative, and evidence-based treatment by a group of expert medical and allied cancer specialists. The facility has four 4 Centers that offer easy access to screening and diagnostic procedures as well as individualized yet comprehensive cancer therapy and management. It focuses on compassionate care where every patient is totally cared for in a healing environment that comforts and heals the body as well as the spirit.
The Asian Hospital and Medical Center (AHMC) launched last July 23, 2015 its state-of-the-art cancer treatment facility in the country — the Asian Cancer Institute (ACI).
Helmed by highly respected cancer specialists, ACI promises to be a center where transformative medical expertise meets genuine compassion and care for every patient that enters its doors.
- Multidisciplinary medicine is not just a buzzword. – In ACI, patients will find the real definition of integrative and multidisciplinary medicine. From day one of any patient’s consultation, a team of doctors will be with him or her to discuss the illness and how they can effectively treat it. This team will be with you as you face cancer, to significantly enhance treatment success rates.
- A unique approach to treating and dealing with cancer. – We know cancer is tough. Whether they are a patient or a caregiver, the disease affects everyone it touches. That’s why at ACI, cancer is treated and managed through medical expertise steeped in genuine care for the patient’s well-being. The Filipino value of “pag-aaruga” (care) sets ACI apart from the others.
- The best technology in cancer diagnosis and treatment in one place. – ACI boasts of the most technologically advanced medical equipment that will be used for both the diagnosis and treatment of patients suffering from cancer. Many of these state-of-the-art machines are housed under ACI’s Conquer C Center which focuses on radiation, nuclear, and interventional oncology. One example is the most advanced TomoTherapy HDA-H Series machine. TomoTheraphy is a form of intensity modulated radiation therapy made more precise with computed tomography (CT) scanning technology. This machine delivers radiation where it is only needed. Thus, lessening the effects on healthy tissues. This offers clinical efficacy, safety, convenience without adversely affecting the patient’s quality of life.
- Going above and beyond any other hospital. – From the architecture to the equipment, everything about ACI is designed to help the patient heal both physically and spiritually from cancer. In the Chrys Two Center, we provide comprehensive care of the highest quality in cancer management. Chrys Two Center provides Integrative, Supportive and Palliative Care Services. ACI even offers the following workshops: Nutrition, Herbs, Acupuncture, Art, Music, Laughter, Aromatherapy, Yoga, Spiritual Care, and Journaling. These programs are available for both the patient and their families as the center recognizes that the fight against cancer affects everyone in the patient’s family.
- You have a team in the fight against cancer. – A patient does not have to fight cancer alone. It takes a TEAM to win the battle. At ACI, we are your TEAM. Some of the best specialists in the country together with allied professionals will help patients go through this difficult ordeal every step of the way. Advisers, counsellors, and even support groups will be within arm’s reach for both the patient and his or her family. The hospitality and warmth that has been the mark of every Pinoy is proudly bannered by the facility and the people who are in it. At the ACI, every patient can feel the embrace of healing, comfort, and hope.
Cancer is tough. But we are tougher.
Source: Press Release