Hafa Adai! Hafa Adai means hello in Guam. Guam is where America’s Day Begins. Among the U.S. Territories, Guam is where the sun shines first. They have around 160,000 population. 37% Chamorra and 26% Filipinos. When you visit Guam, it feels like American and Asian combined together.
- If you are from the Philippines, Guam is only 3 1/2 hours away by plane. Perfect place to visit for your long weekend.
- There over 9,450 hotel rooms in 41 hotels and resorts. Accommodation will not be a problem even if it’s a peak season.
- BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD TO GO SHOPPING. A lot of people visit to Guam just to shop. Why? Because it’s tax free. The best and popular brands at a very cheap price. Almost everyday, you get to see new stocks and designs since they always get sold out since it’s on a very affordable price. When you say affordable price, it’s like around PhP 200.00 for a branded apparel.
Things to see and do in Guam:
- Family Fun – They have a world class aquarium, water parks, dolphin watching and submersible tours.
- Luxury Spa
- Two Lovers Point – It’s Guam’s most popular sight seeing place. It has a legend about a young maiden who ran away with her local boyfriend to avoid a forced marriage. They tied their hair together and jumped to their death so that they could be together eternally.
- Tumon Bay Marine Preserve – It’s one of the five protected Marine preserves.
- Adventure – Sky diving, para-sailing, boonie stomps and hiking is fun in Guam.
- Water Activities – Diving, snorkling, and banana boat. You can even rent a yacht in Guam.
- Diving in Guam – The Blue Tole Hap’s Reef and many other wrecks are truly spectacular spots for diving.
- Luxury Shopping
I hope someday I will get the chance to visit Guam. When I visit them, I’ll make sure I’ll bring with me enough pocket money to go shopping. I believe Guam is the best place for shopping.
Guam’s Upcoming Events
April 2015 – Guam International Marathon, Guam Smokin’ Wheels
May 2015 – Guam Micronesia Island Fair
June 2015 – Guam Live International Music Festival
July 21, 2015 – 71th Guam Liberation DAy
Dec. 6, 2015 Guam’s Koko Road Race
Nov. – Feb 2016 – Shop Guam Festival
May – June 2016 – Festival of Pacific Arts
For more information: visitguam.org